Saturday, 16 November 2013

Aagrah Restaurant Review


Last week was my lovely cousins birthday and to celebrate, a trip to Aagrah was arranged.
We arrived at 7pm to the Leopold Square based restaurant. Aagrah has good neighbours, Leopold Square is home to a selection of good chain restaurants including Wagamama and Tropeiro.
For a Monday, the absolutely huge dining room was very busy and had a lively atmosphere.
With sleek black tables, large mirrors and walls, the decor is really swish and modern.
Everyone choose the buffet so I joined them. Hot silver containers held a wide selection of dishes and they all tasted very authentic. I liked the fact that the vegetarian curry changes frequently and there was a selection of dahls, rice and little salads. They also helpfully label which dishes contain wheat or dairy.

My cousin shared this plate of desserts with her friend
The masala fish was particularly good and I went back for seconds. Great value as you only pay £12 including a dessert.
A selection of fresh fruit and small glass ramekins of puddings such as cheesecakes and jelly is available plus hot gulab jamuns and a pipe your own ice cream with various toppings which the kids loved.
I enjoyed a bowl of fresh pineapple, melon, persimmon and grapes plus a nibble of my nieces orange jelly. It finished my meal nicely.
All in all a good standby Kashmiri restaurant in a great location.

Food - 7/10
Service - 8/10
Value - 9/10


1 comment: