Nice simple recipe for warming you up on a chilly autumn night. Very versatile, chuck anything you want/have in the pot for a tasty hug ready in 20 minutes!
I used these ingredients:
5 spring onions
3 cloves garlic
small piece ginger
half pack chestnut mushrooms
half head broccoli
half head cauliflower
4 vine tomatoes
1 green pepper
generous dollop crunchy peanut butter
1 veg stock cube
pinch chilli flakes
salt (ideally Maldon)
pinch dried thyme
Don't be put off by the long list. Use whatever you've got! The peanut butter really brings it all together and makes it more interesting than the usual vegetable soup.
- Chop all your vegetables - aubergine and mushrooms thinly sliced, ginger and garlic fine chopped, rest roughly chopped
- Fry off your spring onions, garlic and ginger in olive oil with the chilli and salt
- Add mushrooms and aubergine. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the rest of your ingredients along with 2 cups of hot water.
- Simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes, til everything is tender
- Adjust seasoning and serve!